The perfect packaging solution for heat-sensitive products
- Printed rollstock
- High-barrier flexible packaging
- Matte/gloss flexible packaging
- Compostable flexible packaging
- Recyclable flexible packaging
- Stick pack film laminations
- Peel and reseal rollstock
- HFFS and VFFS rollstock
- Inno-Lok® pre-zippered rollstock
- Laser die-cut window rollstock
- High burst strength flexible packaging
- Child-resistant flexible packaging
- Premade pouches
- Roll-fed labels
- Shrink sleeves
- Stretch sleeves
- Cold-seal packaging
- Functional bags & pouches
Cold-seal flexible packaging is ideal for protein bars, breakfast bars, chocolate bars, nutritional bars, natural foods, ice cream novelties, and other heat-sensitive items.
We manufacture cold-seal flexible packaging by applying a water-based coating that adheres to itself and requires no heat to initiate a seal.
The advantages of cold-seal packaging
The seal strength and integrity are equivalent to that of heat-seal structures. But because cold-seal packaging requires no heat during the form/fill/seal process, cold-seal technology provides several advantages, including:
- Cold-seal packaging line speeds can be multiple times faster than heat-seal line speeds.
- It allows for immediate packaging line startup (as opposed to waiting for the packaging line to heat up).
- Product spoilage due to packaging burn through is eliminated.
- If the packaging line stops, heat-sensitive products will not get damaged due to the heat-sealing equipment.
- Package distortion due to heat will be eliminated.
- Energy costs are reduced. When using cold-seal packaging you no longer need to waste energy maintaining high temperatures on your heat-sealing equipment.
- Operator injuries due to burns are eliminated.
Cold-seal flexible packaging can run on existing heat seal lines with heat turned off, which means lower energy costs. And faster line speeds = more throughput = more profit.
And your consumers will appreciate the superior product release of cold-seal packaging.
Common applications for cold-seal technology
Also known as “bar wraps”, cold-seal packaging is designed to be run on horizontal form/fill/seal equipment.
Common applications for cold-seal packaging include:
- High-end snacking
- Health & fitness
Let's talk flexible packaging.
Ask us your packaging questions, and we’ll see how we can help you overcome your next packaging challenge.