- Printed rollstock
- High-barrier flexible packaging
- Matte/gloss flexible packaging
- Compostable flexible packaging
- Recyclable flexible packaging
- Stick pack film laminations
- Lidding films
- Peel and reseal rollstock
- Shrink bands
- HFFS and VFFS rollstock
- Inno-Lok® pre-zippered rollstock
- Laser die-cut window rollstock
- Paper flexible packaging
- High burst strength flexible packaging
- Child-resistant flexible packaging
- Premade pouches
- Roll-fed labels
- Shrink sleeves
- Stretch sleeves
- Cold-seal packaging
- Thermoformed food trays
- Functional bags & pouches
High burst strength flexible packaging
Also known as “over-the-mountain” (OTM) packaging or high-seal strength packaging, high burst strength laminations prevent packages from bursting and/or deflating during the shipping process, reducing product waste and headaches.
When does OTM packaging make sense?
Seal integrity and high burst strength are essential for any packages that will be exposed to high altitudes, varying altitudes, or low-atmospheric pressure during the distribution process. The gases/air within packages that are filled at sea level will expand when exposed to higher elevations. For these challenging packaging applications, we use laminations and sealants designed specifically for withstanding external pressure changes.
Our high-seal strength laminations eliminate many problems associated with burst packages, including:
- Wasted product
- Damaged brand image
- Product safety concerns
- Negative impact to the bottom line
Benefits of our high burst strength packaging options
How do C-P Flexible Packaging’s high burst strength (or OTM) laminations prevent burst or deflated packages?
- Superior seal strength
- Improved hermetic seal properties (even with product residue near seal areas)
- Robust materials designed for product integrity
And because our high burst strength laminations are lighter in weight than most other flexible packaging structures, brands can expect to see sustainability benefits and cost savings. This is achieved without any sacrifices to moisture or oxygen barrier.
Ideal products for OTM laminations
Common applications for high burst strength laminations include:
- Salty or savory snacks
- Confectionery items
Let's talk flexible packaging.
Ask us your packaging questions, and we’ll see how we can help you overcome your next packaging challenge.