- Printed rollstock
- High-barrier flexible packaging
- Matte/gloss flexible packaging
- Compostable flexible packaging
- Recyclable flexible packaging
- Stick pack film laminations
- Lidding films
- Peel and reseal rollstock
- Shrink bands
- HFFS and VFFS rollstock
- Inno-Lok® pre-zippered rollstock
- Laser die-cut window rollstock
- Paper flexible packaging
- High burst strength flexible packaging
- Child-resistant flexible packaging
- Premade pouches
- Roll-fed labels
- Shrink sleeves
- Stretch sleeves
- Cold-seal packaging
- Thermoformed food trays
- Functional bags & pouches
Compostable flexible packaging
As a part of our GreenStream line of sustainable packaging options, we offer compostable flexible packaging for lidding, overwraps, bags, and pouches for various markets.
Made from plant materials & bioplastics, compostable packaging breaks down into non-toxic components at industrial composting facilities; they will not biodegrade in backyard composting bins. The non-toxic residue can be cycled back into the soil to safely support plant life.
BPI-certified compostable structures
C-P Flexible Packaging’s compostable packaging rollstock is certified through the Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI) and meets specifications for ASTM D6400 or ASTM 6868, the globally recognized biodegradation test standard.
BPI ensures that certified products mixed with food scraps and yard trimmings will break down during the regular composting process within 90 to 180 days of disposal, leaving nothing behind.
Our multiple compostable materials and structures provide varying properties for barrier, performance, clarity, and appearance (such as natural, metallized, clear, foggy, white, etc.) depending on product shelf life and packaging equipment requirements:
- Kraft paper
- Wood-pulp based cellophane
- Corn-based polylactic acid (PLA)
- Corn-based polybutyl succinate (PBS)
- Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA)
- Aliphatic compostable polyester (PBAT)
Markets & applications for compostable packaging
As emerging technology, compostable packaging has been popular in the food & beverage market. We specialize in producing compostable structures for various applications:
- Frac packs
- 1 lb.+ coffee bags
- Lidding for coffee pods, K-Cups®, etc.
- Natural bars
- Ice cream
- Pet treats
- Thermal management packs
- Dietary supplements
Emerging compostable packaging technology
Our team of compostable packaging experts are constantly investigating options for new additives to promote compostability of materials. We continue to monitor this market to see where new viable compostable technology is emerging.
Let's talk flexible packaging.
Ask us your packaging questions, and we’ll see how we can help you overcome your next packaging challenge.