Snack food packaging
Leading U.S. snack brands and copackers trust C-P Flexible Packaging to guide them through the packaging process, from package design to performance testing, production, on-time delivery, and on-site troubleshooting.
Custom flexible packaging for any snack product
We’re a fully integrated flexible packaging converter. That’s a fancy way of saying we do everything in-house — from graphics to platemaking, printing, laminating, coating, slitting, and pouch converting. You’ll get:
- access to a full portfolio of custom packaging formats (bags, pouches, sleeves, labels, and more) from one supplier — which allows you to consolidate supplier relationships and more effectively leverage their overall spend.
- shorter lead times because we can seamlessly move from process to process, quickly converting raw materials into your final package.
- greater control over the quality of your packaging because you’re dealing with only one supplier from start to finish. And you know exactly who to contact in the event anything goes wrong.
We supply many types of packaging for chips, cookies, pretzels, nuts, bars, crackers, and other snack foods:
- Premade pouches of every variety with zippers, sliders, windows, and more
- Custom printed rollstock for HFFS and VFFS applications, with peel-and-reseal labels, pre-applied Inno-Lok® zippers, pattern-applied cold-seal coating, or a wide range of other value-added features
- Shrink and stretch sleeves for 360-degree branding on rigid packaging
Meet the needs of the on-the-go consumer
Consumers want snack packaging that is easy to open, keeps products fresh, and easy to carry for on-the-go snacking. And research shows that consumers are willing to pay a 10-50% premium for product packaging that meets this criteria. Specialized snacks such as organic snacks can especially benefit from the value-added package features we offer.
There are many options for improving the convenience and functionality of your snack packaging, including:
- Making your packaging easier to open with laser-scored pouches.
- Allowing consumers to save some for later with press-to-close zippers on pouches, or pre-applied Inno-Lok® zippers on rollstock, or by incorporating a peel-and-reseal label into your package.
Access state-of-the-art packaging technology
To keep up with packaging trends and stay competitive on the shelf, you need to partner with a converter that has a proven track record of investing in state-of-the-art tech.
- Combat SKU proliferation with extended gamut printing technology, which allows you to group all flavor variations for your product into one run — thereby reducing the cost per impression.
- Get any film, foil or paper packaging lamination with our adhesive and extrusion lamination capabilities. Not only can we laminate five layers in one pass, but we can also extrude EVOH resins to meet your barrier requirements (especially for nut products).
- Increase packaging line speeds by up to 10x for bar-wrapped products with cold-seal packaging technology.
Customize your packaging with a wide range of available technology, including over the mountain (OTM), laser scoring and perforation, reseal, clear barrier, reclose and roll-down, cold seal, and more.
Sustainable packaging options
Our flexible packaging experts can help you design a package that supports sustainability while also running efficiently on your machinery and meeting your end-use performance requirements.
With C-P, you’ll have several sustainable packaging strategies to work with:
• Recyclable packaging — Premade pouches, premade bags, or rollstock constructed from mono-material film laminations that can be recycled at store drop-off locations
• Recycled packaging materials — Packaging materials with up to 100% post-consumer recycled content.
• Source reduction — Reduce raw material consumption by “downgauging” or “lightweighting” your packaging materials.
• Compostable packaging — Design packaging for disposal in an industrial composting facility with our biodegradable packaging materials.
• Responsibly sourced materials — Choose bio-based, renewable packaging materials.
Take the hassle out of packaging
At C-P Flexible Packaging, you can also trust our team to:
- eliminate lead time issues by establishing a vendor-managed inventory agreement (such as a make-and-ship or a min/max program) customized around your forecasted packaging demands.
- speed up time-to-market by working with your team to engineer a package that perfectly meets your speed, performance, and aesthetic requirements.
- quickly troubleshoot packaging issues with help from our field tech engineers, who will come to your facility whenever a packaging line issue arises.
- never treat you as a small fish in a big pond; we’ve built our entire business on serving midsized brands well, giving them the attention and support they need. Every fish in our pond is big.
- reduce the risk of packaging stockouts, even if you already have a primary supplier. We can serve as your secondary supplier — sitting on the bench until you experience a surge in demand or a lead-time issue with your primary supplier.
Let's talk flexible packaging.
Ask us your packaging questions, and we’ll see how we can help you overcome your next packaging challenge.