Making compostable pouches from the ground up, back to the ground
- Printed rollstock
- High-barrier flexible packaging
- Matte/gloss flexible packaging
- Compostable flexible packaging
- Recyclable flexible packaging
- Stick pack film laminations
- Peel and reseal rollstock
- HFFS and VFFS rollstock
- Inno-Lok® pre-zippered rollstock
- Laser die-cut window rollstock
- High burst strength flexible packaging
- Child-resistant flexible packaging
- Premade pouches
- Roll-fed labels
- Shrink sleeves
- Stretch sleeves
- Cold-seal packaging
- Functional bags & pouches
BPI certified & made from plant materials such as polyactic acid (PLA), our compostable pouches break down into non-toxic components and the non-toxic residue can be cycled back into the soil to safely support plant life.
C-P’s compostable pouch options provide varying properties for barrier, performance, and clarity depending on product shelf life and applications.
Compostable pouch markets & applications
Our 100% compostable pouches can replace conventional packaging and still provide the needed barrier for some products. Compostable pouches are ideal for several markets such as coffee, snacks, home products, and nutritional products. Some example applications include:
- Coffee fractional packs (frac packs or retail packs)
- Premade pouches & bags for salty snacks such as nuts & chips
- Stand-up pouches for laundry detergent pods
All of our compostable materials & bioplastics such as PLA and cellophane used to create pouches are certified through the Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI).
- Meet specifications for ASTM D6400 or ASTM 6868, the globally recognized biodegradation test standard
- Ensures that certified products mixed with food scraps and yard trimmings will break down during the regular composting process within 90 to 180 days of disposal, leaving nothing behind
- BPI certified compostable pouches are only compostable in industrial composting facilities; they will not biodegrade in backyard composting bins
Let's talk flexible packaging.
Ask us your packaging questions, and we’ll see how we can help you overcome your next packaging challenge.